Truck Driving Lessons in the Joondalup Region

Truck Driving Offers You Many Opportunities

Are you aware of the opportunities that can present themselves to you if you have a truck drivers licence?

At Miro Training we are well aware of the doors that can be opened for you and with the exponential growth occurring in the Joondalup Region, now more than ever is the time to say “YES” to a new opportunity to be an “in demand” truck driver.

Being a critical part of the retail and mining sectors in WA, truck drivers are a valuable resource to companies reliant on them to transport their goods, safely to their client on time.

This career can be extremely flexible and secure, offering really good remuneration and other benefits.

Miro Training is peased to offer Truck driving lessons to people in the Joondalup region who like to drive and are looking for a new career path.

We offer you two options to complete your training:

  1. Individual lessons 7 days a week
  2. One day course

The one day course is an intensive, one-on-one training day with the instructor and you will complete your assessment at the end of the day. Typically, the one day course is designed for HR licences, HC licences or MC licences.

We Have Our Own In-House Assessor

We can cater for everybody, including those who are working full-time and waiting to upgrade their licence and for the test you have the choice of using our in-house assessor.

There is a different set of requirements for each type of heavy vehicle licence, based on your current driving experience. Here is a list for you to look at before you set out to get your licence.

For HR, the applicant must have held:

  • A car licence for at least two years or
  • An LR or MR licence for at least one year

For HC, the applicant must have held:

  • A car licence for at least three years or
  • MR or HR licence for at least one year

For MC, the applicant must have held:

  • A car licence for at least three years
  • An HR or MR licence for at least one year

Applying for your student number

Before you enroll you will need a student number.

To do this, go to, select a student login and follow the instructions. You will need a form of ID, which can be one of the following:

  • Driver’s Licence
  • Medicare Card
  • Passport (Australian)
  • Non-Australian Passport with Australian Visa
  • Birth Certificate
  • Certificate of Registration by Descent
  • Citizenship Certificate
  • Immicard

Units of competency

LP – ( Light Rigid ) DOT
MR ( Medium Rigid ) DOT
HR ( Heavy Rigid ) TLIC 3004
HC ( Heavy Combination ) TLIC 3005
MC ( Multi Combination ) TLIC 4006